We have now reopened
I am really pleased to say that following the easing of the COVID-19 lockdown in England we reopened at 7 am on Monday 27 July.
A few things are, however, quite different as a result of the government’s rules on how gyms must now operate. These are described below and will be in place for at least the first 3 months from reopening.
1) ALL gym and class attendances must be pre-booked via Virtuagym, either through our web site of the app.
2) ALL GYM and CLASS sessions will be limited to no more than a 45-minute session. These will start on the hour. If you are late arriving, your session will still end as scheduled at quarter to the hour so please arrive on time (but not early).
3) Credits and pre-booking, there will be no change to class credits and the 7-day booking system for classes. Gym visits remain unlimited for DD/annual paid members but can only be booked 72 hours in advance. Please note no credits will be refunded if members fail to attend a pre-booked class/gym session unless it’s cancelled via the system at least 3 hours advance.
4) PAYG gym users must also pre-book. They can purchase credits to facilitate this as normal via the app or website webshop. Please note no credits will be refunded if PAYG users fail to attend a pre-booked class/gym session unless it’s cancelled via the system at least 3 hours advance.
5) Capacity reduction – the total user capacity of the gym will be limited to 11, with no more than 4 allowed in the functional area at any one time (meaning class sizes will be limited to 4) and 7 in the main gym. Within this number, only one person will be permitted to use the free weights area at any one time.
6) Arrival and departure – ALL Members should arrive ready to exercise at the start of their booked session and not before. You will not be permitted entry if you arrive early. You must also leave the gym promptly at the end of your session.
7) 2m Social distancing must be maintained at all times when in the gym/classes. This means that some equipment has been taken out of service and guidelines have been placed on the floor to denote 2m zones.
8) Members will be REQUIRED to sanitise all touchpoints on machines and loose equipment after use. Ample supplies to facilitate this will be provided in the gym.
9) There is no requirement for the staff or members to wear face coverings in the gym however you are free to do so if you feel more comfortable.
A few other changes are being introduced during this period for operational reasons:
1) Temporarily reduced opening hours:
For the first 3 months, we will open 7 am – 8 pm Monday to Friday and 10 am to 3 pm Saturday and Sundays.
2) Our reception will be relocated to the cafe area.
3) Staff will clean all equipment touch points between each session
4) The class programme will be reconfigured. Unfortunately, some classes like yoga, pilates and boxercise will not be returning initially.
We appreciate that this isn’t ideal, however, this is what we need to do to be able to reopen. We hope that you will work with us on this basis for the next 3 months and hopefully as time moves on we will be allowed to relax some of these changes.
Dan and Malcolm will now be working a fixed weekly shift pattern that does not change week to week and Melanie will be joining the team on a permanent basis.
From Monday 27/7 all active Direct Debit freezes were cancelled and DD collection will now return to normal.
Regards, Sonya, Andrew and the team