Coronavirus Temporary Closure
GV FITNESS CENTRE CORONAVIRUS TEMPORARY CLOSURE
As some of us have suspected might happen, on Friday 20th March the Government extended its advice around social distancing to formally close a wide range of public spaces including gyms and leisure centres.
As a result, from then the GV Fitness Centre has temporarily closed until we are advised by Government advises that it is appropriate to reopen.
A small number of members who fall within the government’s high-risk groups had already requested us to freeze their membership payments, which we are happy to do for an initial period of 3 months, after when we will review this. Now that the gym is closed to all members the option to freeze memberships has been extended to the remainder of our members.
We hope you are all aware the GV Fitness Centre is part of C.A.R.E. (Herefordshire) CIC a ‘Not for Profit’ Social Enterprise (Community Interest Company) and in these difficult times we need your support.
As a relatively new venture, whilst it has grown well, as of today the gym isn’t yet quite breaking even. Whilst this situation was manageable within our business plan, as you can imaging the forced closure, even with some Government help changes things dramatically. The enforced closure will, without doubt, hit us very hard, especially as we try to do everything possible to support the staff and our community through this challenging time.
Given this, we would like to ask as many of our members as possible if they could continue to support us by keeping up membership payments whilst we are closed. This help will make a huge difference in ensuring that we are still in a position to reopen once this crisis is over.
We fully understand that this will not be an option for everyone, but where members can continue to pay their direct debits it will be greatly appreciated.
Where members own personal or family circumstances dictate that this is not an option we also understand and as a result any direct debit or pay annual member is now able to email us at email@example.com to request that we freeze their membership.
As with the first round of frozen memberships on request, we will freeze payments with immediate effect for 3 months after which we will review the situation once again.
No refunds will be given for any credits held on members accounts as these will persist until the gym reopens.
In return for their support members who maintain their direct debit payments can access extra help with their exercise journey whilst the gym is closed due to the coronavirus crisis and beyond when we reopen. This includes: –
1. Access to our own in house programme of regular exercise sessions live-streamed via the internet which are designed to offer things that can be done at home with no equipment or just everyday items. (Facebook live streams will be open to anyone)
2. The release of a series of short how-to videos to help you stay active at home whilst practising social distancing. (these are publised daily on youtube an dfaceboook and are available to anyone)
3. The option to purchase a heavily discounted basic home exercise equipment pack for £35.50 consisting of the following quality equipment from Origin Fitness to help you keep up your exercise whilst we are closed.
* Gym Division 6kg Cast Kettlebell
* Origin Anti-burst 55cm Gym Ball
* Origin Resistance Bands
* Origin Skipping Rope
Use of this kit will be supported during the closure of the gym through our free how-to videos and live-streamed content from our team over the coming weeks.
4. One to one telephone support with nutrition, programme or exercise advice during he closure period – just ask us
5. If you are not already a ‘Founder Member’ We will give you a ‘Price for Life’ – as a thank you for your support we promise to never increase the price of your monthly membership for as long as you are a current member.
6. We will also add 50 class credits to the accounts of all members who keep up their direct debit payments whilst we are closed. These can then be used at any time after we eventually reopen.
We would like to thank all our members for their friendship and support in these difficult times.
Stay safe and dont forget to keep active!
Sonya, Andrew and the team.